''A great way to gain new perspectives and grow through meetings with inspiring people'' - Emelie Ekblad, Mentee, Microsoft
Why is this international mentoring program a perfect fit for you?
Our program is designed for ambitious professionals who are looking for an edge, to learn new skills, to meet people who challenge them, and to practice technics for increasing their performance professionally and personally.
We believe that we thrive when we take initiative to discover new approaches, new perspectives and to exchange our insights with each other. AmCham has built a community of highly motivated professionals, and we know it takes stretching ourselves to excel in our careers. We also know that meeting new people in different industries, and being exposed to new ideas, will give us an edge. Our program is highly concentrated on the details of the “how”, and with every workshop, our participants take home new skills and practical steps to implement.
We value meaningful connections, and learning from people we admire. Our mentoring program matches each mentee with a dedicated mentor to work with over the course of eight (8) months. The workshops provide professional, skills-based sessions that are targeted to give immediate impact in your day-to-day work and personal life.
We’ve also created an open and collaborative environment so everyone can exchange insights and build a lasting community. And, of course, we make wonderful friendships along the way.
Here’s what you get when you join AmCham’s Mentoring Program:
Our mentors are experienced executives from the AmCham community who have hard-earned career achievements and wisdom to share. They all have big hearts and feel honored to help guide ambitious professionals with insights on challenges they may face. Having a mentor can really be a competitive edge. Just imagine having someone to challenge you, someone who really cares, who will give you honest feedback, and help you see alternatives when you truly need them.
All eight (8) of our monthly workshops are taught by professional advisors who are experts on their respective topics. The workshops consist of lectures, role-playing, Q&A, break-out sessions, and meet-and-greet opportunities with executives. The topics are designed to elevate professional skills, build confidence, and prepare you for leadership roles. See the list of workshops below
A Thriving Community
We’re all like-minded people who enjoy sharing and helping each other get ahead. We’re plugged in to our favorite thought-leaders and communities, and truly appreciate discussing new technics and ways of thinking. It’s really inspiring to hear other people’s stories and get to know them through the course of the program – and most importantly, to stay in touch afterward.
Who is the program designed for?
You are a professional who:
- Strives to be top of your class.
- Really cares about contributing value to your organization.
- Wants to build and extend your network with other future leaders and executives.
- Has a passion for excelling personally and professionally.
- Feels it’s important to learn and practice.
- Has at least three (3) years of professional experience.
- Is looking for that perfect mentor to give you guidance.
You are an experienced executive who:
- Feels a deep sense of achievement, and that you would love to give back.
- Enjoys working with professionals, and giving tips, perspectives and challenges.
- Is looking for new ways to extend your network with other executives.
- Enjoys learning, sharing and contributing to a future leaders development.
- Has at least 17 years of experience.
''The program has really been a start of a new way of thinking for me, a new area of interest and given me new perspectives and new goals to strive for'' - Catharina Steffensson, Mentee, Gilead
''It was a great fun to be a mentor in the program, it's very professional and well structured, great lectures and great people to network with'' - Ewa Johansson, Mentor, Tacton
So what can you expect?
The mentoring – achieving your goals
7-8 personalized one-on-one mentoring sessions with your own mentor.
The 8-month program for the inspiring sessions
One evening workshop per month with inspiring speakers between 17:30-20:30 with eight (8) sessions in total.
The workshops are:
- Strategic Networking – Learn how to enter and leave conversations, how to prepare for an event, how to be remembered by those who matter.
- Cultural Intelligence at Work: Get an insight perspective of your colleagues within work environment, from email messages to international management.
- Personal Development – Learn more about emotional intelligence at work, in goal-setting, and developing confidence.
- The Habits of High Performers: Learn the daily routines and ways of thinking of top achievers.
- Personal Branding: Learn how to build a strong personal brand that sets you apart.
- The Executive’s Perspective: Listen to the top leaders in the industry talk about their careers, tough decisions along the way, and steps they took to get to the top. Meet them in a small group setting and get answers to your questions!
- Building Confidence: Boost your confidence with Improv acting?! Yes, it is possible (and very fun)!
- Develop as a Leader: We discuss and practice the most updated thinking of collaborative leadership.
- Interviewing From Both Sides of the Table: By getting to know the insights from body language to best practices for preparation you will be ready to perform your best while interviewing and/or being interviewed.
- Master the Technics of Public Speaking: Tips and tricks to make the best of your speech, keeping your audience engaged, using visual tools and voice intonations.
The growing community
- Access to the empowering Book Reading Club.
- Invitations to AmCham's exclusive events.
- Join the thriving community of mentees and mentors.
Ready to get that edge? To learn new valuable skills?
To meet extraordinary people?
Apply for the AmCham Mentoring Program now!
Clicking will initiate a download of the AmCham Sweden Mentoring Program application form as a Word document.
View the full list of previous participants here
AmCham Members: SEK 34,500 per mentee*
Non-Members: SEK 37,500 per mentee*
*Program fees are subject to an additional 25% VAT