AmCham Sweden is pleased to invite you to our 2018 Annual General Meeting and Transatlantic Summit.
Date: May 24, 2018
Time: 15:00 - 18:00 - Registration begins at 14:30
Place: Hilton Stockholm Slussen, Guldgränd 8, Stockholm
Keynote Speaker: David E. Lindwall, Chargé d'Affaires, U.S. Embassy Stockholm
David Lindwall arrived in Stockholm in 2016 after serving for two years as Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan. In over 31 years in the United States Foreign Service, he has served in political and senior management positions in Latin America, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Throughout his career, Mr. Lindwall has served in countries where promoting democracy and human rights were among the United States’ highest policy priorities.
Panel Discussion: Transatlantic leadership in the new economy: What role for business?
The transatlantic relationship has been the cornerstone of global stability and growth for generations. With governments on both sides of the Atlantic turning more inward, transatlantic relations are heading into uncharted waters. Is now the time for business to step up and bridge the gap?
A panel of top executives from AmCham companies will discuss transatlantic leadership in the new economy and the role for business.
Each Member with voting rights shall have one vote. This voting right may be transferred by a written proxy to another Member of AmCham entitled to vote at the AGM.
Annual General Meeting Agenda
1. Elect a Chair for the meeting
2. Prepare and approve the voting list, and confirm that a quorum is present
3. Approve the agenda
4. Elect two persons to attest the minutes
5. Confirm that the General Meeting has been duly summoned
6. Consider the annual accounts and the auditor(s)’ report
a. whether to approve the profit and loss account and balance sheet
b. how AmCham’s profit or loss according to the approved balance sheet is to be appropriated
c. whether the Directors of the Board of Directors and the Managing Director should be discharged from liability towards AmCham for the period covered by the accounts
8. Determine the number of Directors who are to be elected by the meeting
9. Elect the Board of Directors
10. When required, determine the number of auditors and deputy auditors
11. When required, determine the remuneration to the auditors
12. When required, elect the auditor(s) and deputy auditor(s)
13. Elect the members of the Nominating Committee
14. Other matters which are permitted to be addressed by the meeting pursuant to law or the Bylaws